The Arizona Archaeological and Historical Society (AAHS) was founded in 1916. It is a nonprofit, educational organization affiliated with the Arizona State Museum.
The Society's objectives are:
- to encourage scholarly pursuits in the history and anthropology of the southwestern United States and northern Mexico
- to encourage the preservation of archaeological and historical sites
- to encourage the scientific and legal gathering of cultural information and materials
- to publish the results of archaeological, historical and ethnographic investigations
- to aid in the functions and programs of the Arizona State Museum
- to provide educational opportunities through lectures, field trips, and other activities
AAHS publishes a monthly newsletter, Glyphs, and the quarterly journal, Kiva. AAHS's partner in the publication of Kiva is AltaMira Press, a division of Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc. AltaMira Press is an academic publisher specializing in archaeology, anthropology, museum studies, and public history.
|1 Journal in JSTOR||Date Range|
||1935 - 2009|
Arizona Archaeological and Historical Society
Arizona State Museum
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721-0026