American Anthropological Association
The American Anthropological Association (AAA), the primary professional society of anthropologists in the United States since its founding in 1902, is the world's largest professional organization of individuals interested in anthropology. The Association's primary goals are:
- To further the professional interests of anthropologists
- To disseminate anthropological knowledge and its use to address human problems
- To promote the entire field of anthropology in all its diversity
- To represent the discipline nationally and internationally, in the public and private sectors.
- To bring together anthropologists from all subfields and specializations, providing networking opportunities across the broad range of the discipline.
The AAA, which advances these purposes though its publications, meetings and various programs, is the only organization that represents anthropology's diversity and speaks for the entire discipline in this time of critical challenges and changes.
2200 Wilson Blvd
Arlington, VA 22201