American Association of Teachers of French
The American Association of Teachers of French (AATF) was founded in 1927 and is the largest national association of French teachers in the world with nearly 10,000 members. As a professional association we seek to address the concerns of our members which include:
- Promoting the study of languages in general and French in particular.
- Facilitating the implementation of national and state standards in the classroom.
- Improving the training of French teachers by encouraging minimum levels of language and cultural proficiency, and exposure to the French-speaking world through study abroad opportunities.
- Creating opportunities and finding resources for practicing teachers to update their skills and improve their teaching.
- Encouraging the use of new technologies in the teaching of French and actively developing materials to support this use.