The Galpin Society was founded in 1946 for the publication of original research into the history, construction, development and use of musical instruments. Its name commemorates Canon F. W. Galpin (1858-1945), a pioneer in this field. The Society has a worldwide membership - open to all, of whatever nationality or country of residence. Institutions may enroll as members and enjoy all rights of representation. As well as the journal, a newsletter is published three times a year. The Society organizes from time to time exhibitions, symposia, conferences and other functions. In addition visits are organized to instrument collection, some of which are not normally accessible.
|1 Journal in JSTOR||Date Range|
|The Galpin Society Journal||1948 - 2009|