The Polish Review is published by the Polish Institute of Arts and Sciences of America, a non-profit organization of scholars, artists, and friends of Poland's history and culture. It was founded in 1942 by Bronisław Malinowski, Oskar Halecki, and other Poles who found themselves in New York as a result of the Nazi-Soviet occupation of Poland during World War II. Founded to continue the work of the Polish Institute of Arts and Sciences (PAU) outlawed by the Nazis and continually repressed by the Soviet-sponsored postwar communist government of Poland, for most of the past six decades, PIASA served as the primary source of unbiased scholarly information on Poland and her culture in the free world. Today, PIASA continues to serve both independent Poland and the United States, cooperating with scholarly institutions here and abroad.
|1 Journal in JSTOR||Date Range|
||1956 - 2017|