Society of Malawi - Historical and Scientific
The Society was founded in 1946 when it was known as the Nyasaland Society. It has two branches, one in Blantyre and one in Mzuzu. Both branches are run by committees of volunteers. Membership includes not only current and former residents of Malawi but also prestigious universities around the world which value receiving the journal which has been published twice a year for more than 60 years. The Society has a library and archive in Blantyre in Mandala House, the oldest building in the country. The valuable collection of books, documents and photographs in the library attracts researchers and students from around the world.