1. Minnesota’s place in the large geographic areas of the united states
2. Main surface features of the state and their effect upon its history
Some effects of glaciation. Forest and prairie areas. Rivers and lakes. Water transportation as a factor in Minnesota history. Relation of forests, prairies, lakes, rivers, and climate to settlement.
3. Important natural resources of the state
4. Plant and animal life
5. Meaning of the word “minnesota”
1. Show on an outline map the following.—Towns: Grand Portage, Duluth, Brainerd, Taylor’s Falls, Marine (Mills), Stillwater, Mankato, New Ulm, St. Peter, Pembina, Hastings, Moorhead, Breckenridge;Lakes: Rainy, Lake of the Woods, Mille...