This section discusses the various experiences of the HPFPI in disaster intervention through cases that show the processes conducted, the hindering and enabling factors encountered, the strategies used and the lessons learned. Five cases are discussed:
1. The trashslide and flash floods in the Payatas dump, Quezon City (2000)
2. The landslide in Barangay Guinsaungon, St. Bernard, Southern Leyte (2006)
3. The typhoon-induced flash flood and the Mount Mayon lahar (mud) flow in the municipalities of Guinobatan, Camalig, and Daraga, Albay Province (2006)
4. The fire in Barangay Lower Tipolo (2007), and
5. The flash flood in Ilolilo City (2008).
“I was at my house...