The Mathematical Association of America (MAA) is the largest professional society
that focuses on undergraduate mathematics education. Our members include university,
college, and high school teachers; graduate and undergraduate students; pure and
applied mathematicians; computer scientists; statisticians; and many others in
academia, government, business, and industry. We welcome all who are interested
in the mathematical sciences. The mission of the MAA is "to advance the mathematical
sciences, especially at the collegiate level." This mission guides our core interests:
- Education: We support learning in the mathematical sciences by encouraging
effective curriculum, teaching, and assessment at all levels.
- Research: We support research, scholarship, and its exposition at all appropriate
levels and venues, including research by undergraduates.
- Professional Development: We provide resources and activities that foster
scholarship, professional growth, and cooperation among teachers, other professionals,
- Public Policy: We influence institutional and public policy through advocacy
for the importance, uses, and needs of the mathematical sciences.
- Public Appreciation: We promote the general understanding and appreciation
of mathematics. We encourage students of all ages, particularly those from
underrepresented groups, to pursue activities and careers in the mathematical